For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son, that whosoever shall believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16



Friday, December 4, 2009

Favorite Foto Friday/Holiday Traditions



Today is FFF and the theme is Holiday Traditions.  If you would like to participate just join Hannah over at Me-Me and Monkey's BIG Adventures.




When my oldest daughter was about a year old we went to Branson to go through the Trail of Lights, which is awesome if you ever get a chance to go through them.  We ate at Cracker Barrel, which I absolutely love!!  They have these "Countdown to Christmas" calendars and I got Kaitlyn one.  You get a piece of chocolate everyday until Christmas Day.  We keep them underneath the tree and it is a special treat every night.  Last year I made the girls share one, but this year, they each get their own calendar.


Here they are opening up that first piece of chocolate!!  The calendars that we got this year have HUGE pieces of chocolate in them, which is not really good seeing as how Kenleigh is a chocoholic.  We may have to enroll her in chocoholics anonymous after the first of the year!!



 
Here they are eating that first piece of chocolate!!

And of course you can't have chocolate without some milk to go along with it.

Be sure and join Hannah and share what your holiday traditions are.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

LORI

13 comments:

  1. Great pictures, your little ladies are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those calendars are so fun! I had one as a kid, but the weird thing is that I never did get one for my kids. They are going to enjoy those chocolates!

    Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got our kiddos one of those advent calendars for the first time this at the Christian bookstore. I love it, because it has verese in it, & we talk a little bit about the verse for the day after they open it. :)

    Do you eat at Cracker Barrel every year? That place is so cheery-I can see including it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had totally forgot about those calanders! They were so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute girls!!
    I am chocoholic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you. I'm here from Dannah's. Your girlies are cuties. and I love reading about other familys' traditions. Love the advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. I have never seen those before. I am sure they are a big hit. Do you always get them from Cracker Barrel?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We did the calendars one year! I keep forgetting about them now! ;)

    My grandmother used to have a special advent calendar where my sister and I would get a small, but meaningful little gift each day.

    Thanks for sharing your special tradition! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How precious are your girls!?!? If we did the calendar, you'd have to watch out...between me and Crista we'd have all the chocolate eaten LONG before Christmas arrived! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen the calendars with chocolate. I just had a cloth countdown calendar that hung on my bedroom door.

    I'm thinking I might need what your girls have ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet tradition!! Merry Christmas!

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Girls!!!
    Love the advent calendars!!!!
    We tried them one year...but the kids got them and ate all the chocolate at once! I will try again when they are older! *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those Chocolate calendars...only I have a tendency to just eat all the chocolate in one day :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. I love hearing from you. Thanks!!