For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son, that whosoever shall believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16



Monday, September 14, 2009

A Great Man

Kenleigh and Pa
Christmas 2007
Kaitlyn with Ma and Pa at her Preschool Graduation May 2008

Kenny and I with Ma and Pa at our wedding Sept. 4, 1999

We lost my husband's grandpa last week, "Pa", as everybody knows him. He passed away September 2. Looking back, this was one of the sweetest men I have every known. He was 84. His birthday was March 9. I had scheduled my c-section when I had Kenleigh on his birthday. She decided she wanted her own birthday and came 4 days earlier. She was crazy about her Pa. It has been hard because she will ask where he is and she is just too young to understand. We tell her he is in heaven with Jesus. He always had a pocket full of tootsie rolls and was always ready to hand them out to the kids. He also loved catfish. So every time I see tootsie rolls or catfish I will think of Pa. I know he is in a much better place but it is still hard to lose a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message. I love hearing from you. Thanks!!