For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son, that whosoever shall believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16



Friday, June 12, 2009

A Close Call


Today has been a crazy day. I woke up in the night to find out that Kenleigh had 102 fever. So I took her to the doctor this morning to find out it is a throat infection. We got antibiotics and the doctor says she should be feeling better by tomorrow. So I rush around to get Kaitlyn's ball uniform washed for her ballgame tonight. It starts to look dark outside. So I check the weather and we are in a Thunderstorm Warning. So I find out her game is canceled and I have ran around like a chicken with my head cut off for nothing. I get a call from Ned Perme telling me that I am in a Tornado Warning and to take shelter. It is just Kenleigh and I here. Kenny is on his way home from work and Kaitlyn is with her aunt Tina in Searcy. Kenleigh and I take shelter and we make it through the storm safely not thinking it was that bad. Kenny gets home and we decide to go look at the damage up town because we have heard that town was hit pretty bad. So we drive to town and sure enough it was pretty bad. I am so thankful to God for blessing me everyday and especially today. We had no electricity for about 5 hours. I am not complaining. I worked on my Bible study and got some things done that I normally would not have done had I had electricity.


1 comment:

  1. We were in Searcy at the time. It got dark and rained a lot and was really windy but thankfully everything was okay. When we got home, there were lots of limbs down, but no major damage. We didn't lose power either. THANK GOODNESS!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message. I love hearing from you. Thanks!!